Friday 18 September 2015

Sheffield Hallam University - Graphic Design

I'm currently looking to study Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam University. 

The entry requirements for the course is 300 UCAS Points with atlas 160 Points from 2 full A levels.  

Which I have already 160 Points from my Applied ICT A level  (120 UCAS Points) and from my Biology A Level (40 UCAS Points)

In addition to the points above I also have 50 UCAS Points from my AS Level Product Design (which i a currently finishing the A level as an external student, which means i will hopefully have more UCAS points to come from this A level). 

To ensure i have the remainder of the points i have to ensure that I pass the Art and Design Foundation Diploma that I am currently studying at North Notts College howerwere i am aspiring to Achieve higher than a pass within this qualification. 

If my application is Successful i will be invited to attend a selection event with a portfolio of work to demonstrate my ability. 

The five key areas that the university  are potentially looking for in your portfolio are

1 - Drawing skills and sketchbooks

2 - Conceptual thinking

3 - Computer skills

4 - Process/making skills

5 - Development work

My portfolio should provide a clear view of my creative potential through work I have done. 

The list below shows the different areas of graphic design that I should include within  my portfolio

1 - A range of drawing skills. Different types of drawing and mark making can all be useful.

2 - Graphic design (typography, illustration, printmaking, layout), art, craft or photography work – and any relevant work done in your own time.

3 - Screen-based/digital work can be brought on a clearly labelled CD or DVD.

4 - 3D work and making skills in wood, metal, plastic, card, fabric etc – or good quality photographs of the work if it’s too big to bring with you.
Anything you have made, drawn or produced that enables you to express your creative potential. 

Below is a Video about presenting portfolios which I have found really useful



No comments:

Post a Comment