Monday 4 January 2016

Alternative Miss World Poster Design

After researching looking into the Alternative Miss world in my previous post (Click Here) I started looking at maps of worksop (where the SeWhat Event is held) but i found it hard to find maps of just worksop so I started to look for a postcode map. Worksop is S80 and S81 



From this map I was able to see the shape of worksop. I then extended my search and looked at what was within each postcode zone and came across these maps one for S80 and another for S81

S80


S81

After putting the map of the area of worksop together and I started to look at the presentation of different transport Methods map such as the underground and bus routes however I found that their route designs was too complicated for the small scale worksop route I and planned. 



So i worked on just putting the major roads through worksop and the main roads used within worksop. 
Roads Such as the 
-B6463
-A634
-A614
-A60
-A57
-A619
-A616
-A1

I first sketched them out on a printed version of the worksop area


Which I then build on Adobe Illustrator


I then worked out a long route you could take through worksop instead of going the quickest route like you normally would continuing down the theme of alternative miss world. 




After adding place markers i then needed to come up with a design for the North Notts College Location and The North Notts Arena so I went and looked at the transporting company logos such as First Travel, Underground, Stagecoach.


The Underground logo I found really caught my eye, so I used the colours of the logo and the font (which i downloaded from Here) to create one that said Worksop, North Notts (college) and Notts Arena



I then placed the Notts arena and North notts Above the markers on the map and found that I didn't need the red circle in the underground logo I can just use the marker as the red shaped background. 



I then used the colour theme throughout my poster to create this initial poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment